mentorship program for young women & female identified musicians & singers
12 - 14 Jun 2020 . Vancouver BC
- Want a career in music?
- Looking to perform
- Want to know how to
get your music known?
- Time to take the next step
in your musical career!
Whether your music is R&B, Persian traditional, Ethiopian jazz, contemporary Chinese, ghazal, or all of them blended with hip hop, this workshop is for you.
Join us for a weekend of learning, bonding with like-minded individuals & 1-to-1 support from our panel of highly experienced mentors from a wide variety of backgrounds within the music industry:
- getting gigs
- stage presence
- 1-to-1 mentoring
multi-award winning composer, musician & singer performing First Nations, Cajun, jazz, blues & pop
Krystle Dos Santos
extraordinary blues, jazz & soul singer, bandleader & actress
VCC instructor & jews harp visionary, with Ph.D in ethnomusicology
composer & improviser on traditional Vietnamese instruments
- booking shows
- stage craft
We've had rave reviews
from our participants!
Kindly note the following:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Selection to this program is limited to 20 participants.
- Application fee is required upon reciept of acceptance notice.
- Adults $75 CAD
Students $50 CAD
- Some meals and snacks will be provided.
- Fees are 50% refundable until 3 May 2020
- Full and partial scholarships are available.
- Request for scholarship to be made upon submission, to emergenceBC@gmail.com
Emergence BC is administered by the Red Chamber Cultural Society — to assist and promote those who are visible minorities and in marginalized communities achieve their musical aspirations.
Emergence BC gratefully acknowledges the financial support of Creative BC and The Province of British Columbia.Get in touch